[this post has been back-dated]
I am trying to catch up on my posts while sleep deprived, so all deep thought has been abandoned in favor of lists. I realized I haven’t looked at Amazon’s Top 100 Books in forever, so, let’s see what I missed in 2008. To spare the innocent, I will combine Editors’ Picks (EP) and Customer Favorites (CF) into one list. Don’t say I never do anything for you 😛
- #12 (EP) – The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson. I picked it up at a bad time; will try re-reading again one of these days.
- #17 (EP) & #27 (CP) – Duma Key: A Novel by Stephen King. The King is back.
- #28 (EP) – The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. Not only for young adults.
- #31 (EP) – Outliers: The Story of Success by Malcolm Gladwell. I got it for a friend. Wonder if he ever bothered to read it.
- #61 (EP) – The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman. Listen to Gaiman reading it.
- #98 (EP) – Little Brother by Cory Doctorow. Fight against the Big Brother.
- # 87 (CF) – Small Favor (The Dresden Files, Book 10) by Jim Butcher. Hello again, Harry Dresden, wizard!
And hey, who knew that the paperback 4th edition of What To Expect When You Are Expecting hit the shelves? Finally, the girl on the cover looks like she is in the correct decade 😉