Last night, I finally got all my books organized alphabetically by author at around 3 am. Went to bed, and a little bit later we got hit with some very dramatic thunderstorms. Lightning flashing every few seconds, there were ominous thunder rolls that sounded like they were right over our subdivision, and needless to say sleep was not happening. It calmed down by 5 am, I fell asleep, only to be woken up at 8 am by another round of thunderstorms. Eeep. End result: did not get out of bed until 1 pm, and then it took me another couple hours to start functioning at a normal level.
- Washed windows (both bays, two in the great room, and the garden window) and glass doors (front door, sliding door, back door). That took most of the day. Still need to wash all of those from the inside, but at least on the outside they are cleaner than they were before. Discovered that I cannot figure out how to remove the screens of Stanek windows. Will have to wait for Bill to get back and show me how it is done.
- Made more brown rice. Go me! White rice is quick to do, but it takes 45 minutes for the brown one, after it starts boiling.
- Moved the kids furniture back into their room.
- Two new bins: bedding, blankets, towels, burp clothes that we are not using anymore are now stored under the toddler beds.
- Washed and put away the kid clothes that were soaking.
- Did a load of my laundry.
- Went through Sergey’s side of the closet. Pulled out some stuff that he has outgrown and put aside all the pants with holes in them. When Karen comes, will sit at her feet and ask for mending advice.
Time to go to bed, I have a 7:30 oil change appt for the Jetta!